Outstanding Woman of the Year
Each year, the League of Railway Industry Women recognizes excellence in the rail industry by awarding the Outstanding Woman of the Year award to a woman who is considered a leader by her peers. Our previous recipients are an esteemed and diverse group who have improved the rail industry through their leadership, dedication, and vision.
The LRIW Outstanding Woman of the Year award is co-sponsored by Progressive Railroading.
2016 Outstanding Woman of the Year Award
A call for nominations for the 2016 LRIW Outstanding Woman of the Year award is currently open. The deadline for applications is August 15, 2016.
- Download 2016 Outstanding Woman of the Year Application [pdf]
- Learn more about our previous Outstanding Woman of the Year recipients.
- She consistently demonstrates vision, initiative, creativity and guidance in a leadership role within her professional railway field.
- She is innovative, a problem-solver and overcomes challenges.
- She brings consistent excellence to her organization and the surrounding community.
Nomination Package Requirements
- Complete the Nomination Form
- Provide a statement of nomination. Describe why the nominee merits recognition as Woman of the Year.
- Provide a nominee biography including work history and industry affiliations
- Provide a nominee resume
- Provide at least two letters of recommendation
- Deadline: August 15, 2016
Please send your completed application and other required documents to Sally Boven, LRIW Awards Chair at email@example.com or via mail at Reflective Apparel Factory – LRIW Woman of the Year, 1649 Sands Place, Suite J, Marietta, GA 30067.
Questions about the LRIW Outstanding Woman of the Year Award? Contact Sally Boven at firstname.lastname@example.org.