Outstanding Woman of the Year
Each year, the League of Railway Women (LRW) recognizes excellence in the rail industry by awarding the Outstanding Woman of the Year award to a woman who is considered a leader by her peers. Our previous recipients are an esteemed and diverse group who have improved the rail industry through their leadership, dedication, and vision. The LRW Outstanding Woman of the Year award is co-sponsored by Progressive Railroading.
The 2018 Outstanding Woman of the Year award will be presented on Monday, September 10, at the General Session of the RSI/CMA 2018 Rail Expo & Technical Conference. The recipient will receive complimentary hotel accommodations and a conference pass to attend the event and accept her award. Additionally, the 2018 WOY Award Recipient will be featured in an article and appear on the cover of a future Progressive Railroading Magazine issue.
2018 Outstanding Woman of the Year Award
- The nomination period is now open.
- Download the nomination form here.
- Application deadline: August 15, 2018
- She consistently demonstrates vision, initiative, creativity and guidance in a leadership role within her professional railway field.
- She is innovative, a problem-solver and overcomes challenges.
- She brings consistent excellence to her organization and the surrounding community.
Nomination Package Requirements:
- Completed nomination form.
- Provide a statement of nomination. Describe why the nominee merits recognition as Outstanding Woman of the Year.
- Provide a nominee biography, including work history and industry affiliations.
- Provide a nominee resume.
- Provide at least two letters of recommendation.
2017 Outstanding Woman of the Year Award
LRW awarded the 2017 Outstanding Woman of the Year Award to Lisa Stabler, President, Transportation Technology Center, Inc. Stabler was honored at the General Session & Keynote Address at Railway Interchange in Indianapolis, Indiana on September 18, 2017.
Lisa Stabler’s contributions to the industry in her role as President of the Transportation Technology Center, Inc. in Pueblo, Colorado, have impacted railroading across the U.S. and the globe. Under her command, the world’s premier research and testing facility continues to advance the science of railroading and improve operational safety and efficiency. Learn more about our winner.
- Learn more about our previous Outstanding Woman of the Year recipients.
Questions about the LRW Outstanding Woman of the Year Award? Contact Lisa Tackach, LRW Awards Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.