Outstanding Woman of the Year
Each year, the League of Railway Industry Women (LRIW) recognizes excellence in the rail industry by awarding the Outstanding Woman of the Year award to a woman who is considered a leader by her peers. Our previous recipients are an esteemed and diverse group who have improved the rail industry through their leadership, dedication, and vision. The LRIW Outstanding Woman of the Year award is co-sponsored by Progressive Railroading.
This year’s award will be presented at the General Session of the RSI/CMA 2018 Rail Expo & Technical Conference on Monday, September 10. In addition to the award, the recipient receives a complimentary conference pass and hotel accommodation during the conference, and is featured on a future cover of Progressive Railroading along with an article.
2018 Outstanding Woman of the Year Award
- Nomination period will open Spring 2018.
- She consistently demonstrates vision, initiative, creativity and guidance in a leadership role within her professional railway field.
- She is innovative, a problem-solver and overcomes challenges.
- She brings consistent excellence to her organization and the surrounding community.
Nomination Package Requirements:
- Completed nomination form.
- Provide a statement of nomination. Describe why the nominee merits recognition as Outstanding Woman of the Year.
- Provide a nominee biography, including work history and industry affiliations.
- Provide a nominee resume.
- Provide at least two letters of recommendation.
2017 Outstanding Woman of the Year Award
LRIW awarded the 2017 Outstanding Woman of the Year Award to Lisa Stabler, President, Transportation Technology Center, Inc. Stabler was honored at the General Session & Keynote Address at Railway Interchange in Indianapolis, Indiana on September 18, 2017.
Lisa Stabler’s contributions to the industry in her role as President of the Transportation Technology Center, Inc. in Pueblo, Colorado, have impacted railroading across the U.S. and the globe. Under her command, the world’s premier research and testing facility continues to advance the science of railroading and improve operational safety and efficiency. Learn more about our winner.
- Learn more about our previous Outstanding Woman of the Year recipients.
Questions about the LRIW Outstanding Woman of the Year Award? Contact Lisa Tackach, LRIW Awards Chair, at email@example.com.