Outstanding Woman of the Year
Each year, the League of Railway Industry Women recognizes excellence in the rail industry by awarding the Outstanding Woman of the Year award to a woman who is considered a leader by her peers. Our previous recipients are an esteemed and diverse group who have improved the rail industry through their leadership, dedication, and vision.
The LRIW Outstanding Woman of the Year award is co-sponsored by Progressive Railroading.
2016 Outstanding Woman of the Year Award
LRIW awarded the 2016 Outstanding Woman of the Year Award to Anamaria Bonilla P.E., Assistant Chief Engineer Track and Structures at Metro-North Railroad. Bonilla was honored at the General Session & Keynote Address at the RSI/CMA 2016 Rail Expo & Technical Conference in Omaha, Nebraska on October 3, 2016.
Bonilla is responsible for the structural integrity, safety and reliability of our infrastructure, which includes over 800 miles of track, 385 overhead bridges, 846 undergrade bridges, 116 passenger stations and thousands of drainage facilities, transmission poles and catenary structures. In addition, she directs inspections and upgrades to the structures that make up the Grand Central Terminal and the Train Shed within Manhattan, arguably the most dense commuter rail operation in the United States. Learn more about our winner.
2017 Outstanding Woman of the Year Award
A call for nominations for the 2017 Outstanding Woman of the Year award will open in the spring of 2017.
- Download 2017 Outstanding Woman of the Year Application [coming spring 2017]
- Learn more about our previous Outstanding Woman of the Year recipients.
- She consistently demonstrates vision, initiative, creativity and guidance in a leadership role within her professional railway field.
- She is innovative, a problem-solver and overcomes challenges.
- She brings consistent excellence to her organization and the surrounding community.
Nomination Package Requirements:
- Complete the Nomination Form.
- Provide a statement of nomination. Describe why the nominee merits recognition as Outstanding Woman of the Year.
- Provide a nominee biography, including work history and industry affiliations.
- Provide a nominee resume.
- Provide at least two letters of recommendation.
- Deadline: TBC
Please send your completed application and other required documents to Sally Boven, LRIW Awards Chair at email@example.com or via mail at Reflective Apparel Factory – LRIW Woman of the Year, 1649 Sands Place, Suite J, Marietta, GA 30067.
Questions about the LRIW Outstanding Woman of the Year Award? Contact Sally Boven, LRIW Awards Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.