Connie Sumara Memorial Scholarship
The League of Railway Women is accepting applications for the 2018 Connie Sumara Memorial Scholarship to a woman in the rail industry who is pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree to advance her career in rail. LRW recognizes the importance of education and is proud to offer financial assistance to a woman in rail working to achieve their academic and career goals.
- The applicant must be a female who is currently employed by a railroad or railway-related business (such as a
supplier) for at least twelve months.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled, at a minimum, as a part-time student (6 hours per spring and fall
– Applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited/post-secondary institution leading to an Associate’s,
Bachelor’s, or Master’s Degree. The curriculum must be certified by an accepted accreditation board in the
United States or Canada.
– Applicants of any field of study may apply, though the degree will need to support the applicant’s career in the
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How to Apply
- The scholarship application period has now closed. Please check back in August for the announcement of the winner.
- Amount of Award: $1500 USD
2017 Connie Sumara Memorial Scholarship Winner:
Alex Kennedy – Grove City College, Mechanical Engineering – A. Stucki Company
- Meet our previous scholarship recipients.