Fellow LRIW members and women of the railroad industry,
I am honored to serve as your LRIW president, and thrilled to lead our dedicated team of executive officers and board members as we work to further our mission of expanding opportunities for women in the rail industry. Your board and committee members are devoted to excellence for the League, and we are here to serve you.
I have been associated with LRIW since 2015, and it has been gratifying to see the organization grow, while expanding the networking events and other resources for women in rail.
As President, I’ll be working to:
- Continue to raise LRIW’s profile as the pre-eminent organization for women in railroading through regular communications, including via social media, to members, news media, and the business community
- Highlight the value of women in our industry by expanding the successful events for which LRIW has become known – networking receptions at major industry conferences, a presence during Railroad Day on the Hill, and our own annual meetings
- Further develop our membership base and encourage our members to get involved in committees and events
- Increase our corporate sponsorship to promote companies and organizations that value women in our industry
The LRIW board and committees are engaged in developing exciting events and activities for our members and the rail community.
Here are three things to know about LRIW:
- We welcome corporate memberships – learn more.
- Our individual annual memberships cost just $45 – details are available here.
- You can keep up with what’s happening at LRIW and stay in touch via our social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to become an LRIW member! Together, we’re helping women in rail succeed.
2017-19 LRIW President
Director, Operations and Regulatory Affairs
Railway Association of Canada