LRIW Seeking Nominations for Board of Directors – Deadline December 5
Volunteer, Network, Improve Your Leadership Skills, Build Your Resume
November 15, 2014. The League of Railway Industry Women is seeking help in identifying candidates to serve on our Board of Directors. We hope that all LRIW members (corporate and individual) will consider this industry leadership opportunity as we move forward into a new year. In addition, being a part of the LRIW board is a chance to network, gain leadership skills, and enhance your resume.
“We are eager to welcome new board members as we plan ahead for 2015 and beyond, including our Annual Conference that will be held in conjunction with Railway Interchange 2015 and plans to enhance our presence through marketing and new programs,” said Susan Roberson, LRIW President. “You don’t need to be in a high level position to be on our board, you need only be willing to commit your time and talents.”
The typical term for officers is two years while the term for directors and committee chairs is three years. The LRIW board represents a cross-section of companies involved in all aspects of railroading: freight railroad or transit authority, supplier, contractor, consultant, trade association and trade press. Board meetings are typically held on a monthly basis via conference call with one or two in person board meetings during LRIW events. The typical time commitment is around 2 to 3 hours a month.
Open Board Seats
- Director, Latin America
- Director, Western
- Director, Southwestern
- Director at Large (2 spots open)
- Parliamentarian: Participates in all LRIW board meetings (conference calls and in person meetings) and all meetings of LRIW membership with the responsibility of advising the chair as to motions, rulings, and other procedural matters. The parliamentarian is well versed in the LRIW bylaws.
- Regional Director: Promote LRIW and its message, upcoming events and membership in their respective localities through attending local events and through email. Participate in all board meetings and stay fully informed about the activities being planned and help promote them.
- Director at Large: Assists with promoting membership as a whole and any special duties or committees the board requests. Participate in all board meetings and stay fully informed about the activities being planned and help promote them.
Board nominations are due December 5 and elections will be held via email ballot in mid December. Any individual who believes she has a contribution to make should feel free to self-nominate. LRIW will contact nominees for additional information including a biography and a statement of interest. All nominees must submit a Board Commitment Form.
- View Board Overview [pdf]
- Download Board Nomination Form[pdf]
- Download Board Commitment Form (if self nominating) [pdf]
If you have any questions about the LRIW board or the nomination process, please contact Cary Costello at firstname.lastname@example.org.