LRIW Announces New Board Members
Chicago, IL, Feb. 3, 2016 – Jodi Heldt, president of the League of Railway Industry Women (LRIW) announced the election of five new board members. The new board members and their positions include:
• Treasurer: Urszula Soucie, Director of Trade Shows & Operations, REMSA
• Parliamentarian: Mary Schroll, Senior Manager Industry & Public Projects, Union Pacific
• PR & Outreach Chair: Emilia Marceta, Project Coordinator, Signals & Communications, Network Infrastructure, Metrolinx
• Events Chair: Claire Tomlinson, Office Manager, L.B. Foster Rail Technologies
• Director: Tanis Peterson, Director, Regulatory Affairs, Railway Assoc. of Canada
“Our new board members were chosen from a group of highly-qualified candidates. We are grateful to have their talents, time and enthusiasm to help further our mission to promote women in the rail industry,” said Heldt.
Heldt also noted that LRIW will be looking for volunteers in early March to sit on newly formed member-driven committees. “We urge our members to get involved in LRIW to promote women in our industry while also advancing their own careers through new professional experiences and networking opportunities,” she said.
About the League of Railway Industry Women
The League of Railway Industry Women (LRIW) is dedicated to providing leadership and support for the personal and professional growth of women in railroading and railway-related business. Founded in 1997, the group’s primary mission is to create a forum within the rail industry that provides women with the opportunity to achieve a broader understanding of the railroad business. Learn more at www.lriw.org.